Bechtel has a long tradition of technical and engineering excellence in supporting multiple industries. Bechtel’s internship program was created to cultivate real-life industry interest based on hands-on experience. Many new university graduate hires began their careers at Bechtel as a student intern.
- Conduct research into political and economic conditions in countries such as the Middle East, China and Africa. Generate briefing materials for supervisor and other Country managers as needed
- Assist Country Managers when visiting the DC office by scheduling meetings, conducting meeting preparation, attending meetings, take notes during meetings
- Demonstrated knowledge of foreign affairs (China, Africa, Middle East, etc.) or studies in school for those countries and locations
- Demonstrated government work/research experience
- May write briefings for Bechtel executive leadership on international development
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university obtaining a degree in Foreign Affairs, Economics, Regional Studies, International Business, or a related field.
- Good communication skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to function effectively to gather information on the phone
- Strong organizational and analytics skills
- Self-starter, ability to conduct research and make recommendations, write reports
- Ability to commute to Washington DC to attend various meetings/seminars
- International travel experience a plus, but not required
- Computer skills in Word, Excel, Access, and LexisNexis is preferred
Languages: English required
Travel: Not required, other than commute to DC Office from Reston