Don’t let our name scare you, we are not your average bank.
With nearly a century of service, FHLBI is one of 11 independent regional cooperative banks across the U.S. Simply put, we’re a bank for banks, credit unions, community development financial institutions and insurers across Indiana and Michigan. As a cooperative, we are dedicated to strengthening communities throughout our region.
But enough about us, let’s talk about you.
Are you looking for a company that views their employees as their greatest asset?
A company that’s dedicated to making a difference in the community? So much so they pay their employees to volunteer?
Do you want to join a talented workforce that prioritizes diversity, equity and inclusion, and promotes learning and development, unique skills/ideas, and employee engagement?
If you’ve said yes to these questions, then we might be a match!
Here is what we offer:
- Flexible hybrid workforce model: Onsite two days a week and three days remote. We offer a fully remote schedule the week of Thanksgiving and last two weeks in December!
- You even get a $500 work from home (WFH) stipend to build your home office!
- Fantastic, competitive pay and total rewards
- Industry-high 401(k) match: up to 6% PLUS…an additional 4% contribution!
- Tuition reimbursement assistance: To help you continue to develop personally and professionally.
- Student loan repayment assistance: That’s right, we will help you repay outstanding student loans!
- Awesome Benefits Package: Medical, dental, vision benefits and even pet (you read that right) insurance!
- Generous time off: Vacation, paid federal holidays, birthday month floating holiday, volunteer day and summer hours program
- “Dress for your day” dress code: You choose the appropriate work attire based on what your day looks like.
The Senior Financial Systems Engineer (Senior Engineer) is responsible for the delivery of comprehensive Core Banking Solution (CBS) components dependent on the Calypso technical platform (including future enhancements) and other similar implementations to be determined as the CBS program matures. In particular, the Senior Engineer is responsible for the implementation of Calypso Design and Configuration while also fulfilling additional CBS project requirements including, but not limited to, the documentation, validation, and modeling of solution requirements and business processes in the course of developing technology based solutions for the organization.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities or abilities required of persons so classified. The Bank reserves the right to alter or amend this description at any time.
- Acts as an advanced subject matter expert and lead engineer for the system and service offering into production. Responsible for working directly with Bank staff implementing the Calypso system. Work hands on with all in scope systems, configuring them and testing that they meet the business requirements. Help users identify functional gaps and create detailed functional specifications for the gaps identified.
- Ensures delivery of high quality service, consultation and capability delivery to internal customers through an understanding of business needs. Develop and manage relationships throughout the organization to reinforce a culture of service and collaboration. Communicates clearly on both one-on-one and group levels.
- Responsible for the proactive identification of application functionality and control enhancements to further the usage and reliability of the platform.
- Works with business units to identify strategic and tactical improvements and/or opportunities and communicate these needs to the Financial Systems Engineering team to assist in the prioritization of those needs. Enable benefits in terms of usability, interoperability, maintainability, and consistent enforcement of corporate policy.
- Serves as liaison between IT and business units for the purpose of eliciting, documenting, validating, socializing, and modeling requirements and business processes. Defines where infrastructure action is “required” to sustain the current service offering of existing functionality and align with IT Strategy and Architecture Technical Requirements.
- Accountable for evaluating the impact of proposed changes to the service (either via projects, initiatives, or releases); identifying and evaluating risks and responses and making recommendations to the Director, Core Banking Operations whether changes should be approved.
- Participates in the short and long-term goals of the department. Integrate organization’s mission and philosophy to provide meaning in work. Work with internal and external business partners and project management to facilitate appropriate project planning, reporting and scheduling. Develop and manage relationships throughout the organization to reinforce a culture of service and collaboration. Responsible for the understanding of department and company goals, mission and philosophy.
- Acts as an advanced subject matter expert on one or more mission critical systems (e.g. Calypso).
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. in Management Information Systems, Finance, Accounting and/or Computer Science or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in IT, finance or accounting.
- Demonstrable knowledge of business concepts applicable to financial instruments, finance, accounting, processes and internal controls.
- Willingness to become a knowledgeable resource on one or more mission critical systems (e.g. Calypso).
- Advanced project management and administration skills.
- Advanced ability to conceptually model solutions using a variety of standard notations and viewpoints.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able work outside normal hours of 8 AM to 5 PM as needed to meet objectives.
- Must not have been convicted on any civil or criminal charge that would suggest a risk to Bank security.
- Ability to work full-time.
- Ability to uphold and model the bank’s Guiding Principles.
FHLBank Indianapolis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.