Nordstrom is seeking a fashion obsessed, motivated, and detail-oriented intern to support the fashion design team. As a Nordstrom Fashion Design Intern, you’ll play a dual role — dedicated student and valued team member. Successful Interns will also have the opportunity to join Nordstrom full-time upon completion of their degree.
As an intern, you’ll…
- Get an up-close, behind-the-scenes view of the retail fashion industry that you won’t find in a classroom by supporting Designers with all design functions for category(s) or brand(s) – including collab prep, sketching, coloring cads.
- Work alongside and learn from experienced members of the design on a design project with milestones, deliverables, and deadlines that you’ll get to present directly to company leadership at the end of the summer.
- Focus on customer and continuously researches to understand customer, trends, and shifts in the competitive landscapes.
- Build great relationships through stellar communication and follow-through.
You own this if you…
- Are a college student currently in your junior or senior year working towards a Bachelor’s or Associates degree in Fashion Design
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, Adobe CS and ability to hand-sketch, with the ability to quickly adapt to new technology and systems
- Passion for Fashion and Demonstrates a relevant design eye
- Strong Visual Presentation Skills
- Strong Collaboration Skills
- Able to relocate to Seattle for the duration of the 10 week summer internship
What’s next? We’re glad you asked…
The summer internship program is 10 weeks in Seattle, Washington. Housing will be provided for the duration of the internship.
A few more important points…
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities, and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
At this time, Nordstrom cannot provide sponsorship now or in the future for this role. This includes interested parties who currently hold an F-1, H-1, TN, J-1, OPT, or CPT visa.