***Please note that this position is not tied to a specific location. YPTC staff can work from their homes anywhere in the 50 States except for Hawaii and Alaska.***
Staff Accountant – Part-Time #LI-Remote
Your Part-Time Controller, LLC, (YPTC) is a national leader in providing outsourced accounting services to nonprofit organizations. Currently we are the 5th fastest growing accounting firm in the US, and we are seeking to add a talented Staff Accountant to join our team. Your Part-Time Controller, LLC has been nationally recognized as a Best Place to Work by Inc. Magazine, as well as Accounting Today’s #2 Best Accounting Firm to Work for in 2021! Most recently we were named to Accounting Today’s list of Top 100 firms.
We offer a hybrid work environment, a flexible work schedule, an excellent benefits program, professional education opportunities, competitive compensation, a standard full-time 35-hour work week, and a people-focused culture with genuine support inside and outside of work. BE AN ACCOUNTANT WITH A PURPOSE! Accounting skills, paired with a passion for helping nonprofit organizations, make for consistent, positive, client relationships. Additionally, the commitment that our leadership has shown through the pandemic and beyond has resulted in unprecedented growth and Best Place to Work awards.
We are looking for a dedicated, personable, hands-on Staff Accountant seeking a dynamic opportunity to help our clients and provide transformative accounting services. Successful candidates must be comfortable working with multiple clients both virtually and on-site. The Staff Accountant will interact with clients, their staff, Board of Directors, and Finance Committees on a regular basis. This position offers promotion potential to a Controller-level position, to ensure the growth and success of our employees. We are now incorporating a hybrid model to allow for both on-site and work from home opportunities.
Our part-time staff members enjoy the same opportunities for professional growth and development and are eligible for many of the same benefits incentives as those working full-time.
“Working part-time at YPTC has allowed me the freedom to do what I love, and it allows me to remain present in my personal life. Working with my clients fulfills my need to continue to grow professionally while also being there for my kids. And to top it off, I am also helping to financially support my family. I couldn’t ask for more!” – Michele Tobiassen, YPTC Associate
Learn more about some of our part-time staff here.
- Weekly and monthly processing of accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll
- Bank account and balance sheet reconciliations
- Monthly financials and related analysis
- Grant tracking and monitoring
- Cash flow projections and monitoring
- Preparation for outside audits
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of related experience that can come from public accounting and/or industry
- Outstanding communication skills and positive attitude
- Knowledge of, or interest in learning, multiple accounting software packages; QuickBooks experience is a plus
- Intermediate-level Excel skills
- Willingness to travel to client offices as needed when it is safe to do so
- Nonprofit experience preferred, but not required
- Our part-time employees are expected to work during normal business hours to best serve our clients
- Customized cover letter explaining interest and qualifications for this role is required
- A Best Place to Work! We are nationally recognized by both Inc. Magazine and Accounting Today
- Work with a mission-driven purpose serving nonprofit organizations
- A culture of support, enabling our staff to succeed
- Growth! We are the 5th fastest growing accounting firm in the US, with unlimited opportunities for professional growth
- Competitive compensation
- Work-life balance, full and part-time positions available
- Standard 35-hour full-time work week, with eligibility for paid overtime for non-exempt employees
- For full-time positions, we offer:
- 4 WEEKS PAID TIME OFF, generally consisting of 100 hours paid vacation to start with eligibility for additional vacation based on tenure and a minimum 40 hours sick time, subject to applicable state law
- 8 paid holidays
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and supplementary benefit options
- Very generous employer contributions to medical insurance premiums
- For part-time positions, we offer:
- Pro-rated vacation and sick time based on hours worked
- Eligibility for supplementary benefit options
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Ample professional development opportunities and reimbursement
- Company provided laptop and technology stipend
- Hybrid work environment
Starting hourly rate is $30 to $45 per hour for this non-exempt position. Total compensation may increase with overtime pay and eligibility for various bonuses. A professional development reimbursement and technology stipend are also provided on an annual basis. Please note that the base salary offered may vary depending on relevant factors as determined by Your Part-Time Controller, LLC, which may include, but is not limited to, education, skill, experience, licensure and certifications, internal salary ranges, geographical location, and other business needs.
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.